Learn the secrets of a succesful project writer: attend my Training Course on Europan Project Writing
This course draws on my long successful experience and good results and teaches you how to write and submit European projects. The course is focused on European programs supporting sectoral policies inside the European Union:
- Erasmus+, funding projects in education, training, youth and sport
- Creative Europe, funding projects in cultural and creative sectors
- Europe for citizens, funding projects about the European Union and civic and democratic participation at EU level
- Fundamental rights, funding projects on human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights
- Progress, funding projects on modernising employment and social policies
- Horizon 2020, funding research and innovation.
The course is organized at the premises of my Clients, held in English and lasts 3 full days. The cost is 1800 € plus travel and lodging plus VAT if due. At request, the course can be focused on a specific program (see below the form the program of a course focused on Strategic partnerships Erasmus+).
Participants will receive a final certification of attendance. The course is addressed to the staff of organizations interested in submitting their own projects, not to consultants or trainers in writing of European projects.
The program of the course on European Project Writing
1. Find information about and consider suitability of European programs
- Find existing programs and their deadlines
- Find official informative materials and the application forms
- Assess every program and consider if it is suitable for your organization
Content: Sources of information on the Internet. The Guides and the application forms. Roles of EU and National Agencies. The PIC code. The portals Education and Research. Techniques for analyzing programs. Simulations and assessment of your learning.
2. Find partnerships in projects submitted by other organizations
- Find organizations submitting projects
- Prepare ads and informative material on your organization
- Answer to offers for partnerships and negotiate conditions for participation
Content: the main official and unofficial channels for finding partnerships. How to fill and submit the info sheet of your organization. Examples of ads and profiles. Simulations and assessment.
3. Acquire knowledge preliminary to submitting applications
- Know how the application forms are structured
- Know the parts of every project and their evaluation criteria
- Know the time steps in submitting projects and filling the application forms
Content: the structure of application form and of the projects. The possible results of projects. The evaluation criteria. The logical and temporal steps of project writing and submission. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
4. Produce effective project ideas and structure them in work packages
- Produce project ideas using different sources of inspiration
- Structure your project idea in work packages
- Describe the work packages in the application form
- Develop a chronogram of your project
Content: the sources of inspiration for projects ideas. The choice and optimum description of target groups, products and activities. The structure by work packages. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
5. Choose your partners and describe the consortium in the application form
- Find, choose and negotiate with the most suitable project partners
- Assign tasks to every partner
- Answer to the questions about the consortium in the application form
Content: the main official and unofficial channels for finding partners. Evaluation criteria of partners. Criteria for division of tasks among partners. Negotiation with possible partners. The description of the consortium in the application form. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
6. Describe in the application form the goal and the impact of your project
- Relate the goal of your project to the existing policies of the EU and to the goals and priorities of the call
- Chose the indicators of impact for your project
- Answer in the application form to the questions about the goal and impact of your project
Content: the correspondence between goal of the project and goal and priorities of the program. Criteria for evaluation of the impact. The choice of indicators. The description of the context and of the impact in the application form. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
7. Decide how to structure and describe in the application form the management of your project
- Decide how and with what tools to manage your project
- Decide the quality assurance policy for your project
- Chose the aspects to monitor and related indicators
- Answer in the application form to the questions about management and monitoring of your project
Content: tools for cooperation amongst partners. The project meetings. Tools for quality assurance. Goals and indicators for management. The description of the management and quality assurance in the application form. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
8. Decide how to structure and describe in the application form the valorization of your project
- Choose the tools for dissemination and set targets and indicators
- Decide a strategy to make the methodologies and products of the project used by target groups
- Decide a strategy for valorization of the project after its end
- Answer in the application form to the questions about dissemination, exploitation and sustainability of your project
Content: the concept and components of valorization: dissemination, exploitation and sustainability. The tools for dissemination. Strategies for exploitation and sustainability. Good practices for involving target groups. Goals and indicators for valorization. Drawing your dissemination and exploitation plan. The description of valorization in the application form. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
8. Draw the budget of your project
- Understand the cofinancing and the cost categories
- Develop a excel sheet for simulating your budget
- Estimate your budget based on the work packages of the work program
- Fill the official budget table and answer in the application form to the questions about the budget
Content: he structure of the budget in European projects. Main cost categories and principles for budgeting: staff, travel and subsistence, equipment, subcontracting, other costs. Indirect costs, estimated income, cofinancing. The instalments and the financial guarantee. Good practices in drawing the budget. Drawing the budget of your project using an excel sheet. Filling the questions of your application focused on the budget. Example by an approved project. Simulations and assessment.
Interested in supervision on project writing after the workshop? Go to this page. Do you want to follow this course in Italian? Go to mthe home page of the website.
You can contact me by using the form below.